Edu-Tech Health & Pandemic Safety Plan
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Edu-Tech Academic Solutions has implemented a basic COVID-19 safety policy that outlines the employee protocols required to be onsite. Many of these protocols go hand in hand with what our partner schools have developed, but in some cases, our protocols may be slightly more stringent to help reduce any exposure to infection.
Our current COVID-19 safety policy related to standard protocols for any campus visit:
- Mask / face covering worn at all times from the point of exiting your vehicle until you return to your vehicle. Mask should be removed and placed in a location in your vehicle where it can be transported for immediate cleaning, or disposal if it is a disposable model.
- Disposable latex or nitrile gloves worn at all times from the point of exiting your vehicle until you return to your vehicle. Gloves should be removed, folded inside out, and placed in a location in your vehicle where they can be transported for immediate disposal.
- Bring a second pair of gloves to use as needed.
- Do not remove masks for any reason during the entire visit.
- Do not eat, drink, or smoke on-site during a visit.
- Do not use campus phones during an on-site visit.
- Do not use campus water fountains during an on-site visit.
- Remain a minimum of 6 feet from anyone on campus.
- Do not interact with anyone not wearing a mask.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Always cover your mouth and nose either with a tissue or the inside of your elbow when you cough or sneeze. Then throw the tissues in the trash. Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- As an effort to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in our workplaces, nonessential international and domestic personal travel remains strongly discouraged. Employees who travel internationally or on a cruise should not return to work until they have been COVID-19 symptom-free at their normal place of residence for 14 days. If an employee’s personal travel plans will require a self-quarantine, they will discuss with their Edu-Tech supervisor in advance.
- Employees who have experienced COVID-19 symptoms within the last two weeks will not return to their work location until they have been symptom-free for 14 days. Symptoms of COVID19 include:
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
Keep yourself and others safe from COVID-19 when returning to work
Clean your hands often
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing, and after using others’ or shared equipment.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Avoid close contact
- Put distance (at least 6 feet) between yourself and other people.
- Wear cloth face coverings (if appropriate) when social distancing is difficult to maintain.
- Avoid using other employees’ phones, desks, offices, or other work tools and equipment, when possible. Clean and disinfect between employees if sharing occurs.
- Remember that some people without symptoms may be able to spread virus.
If you are at increased risk for severe illness…
- Contact your supervisor to request special accommodations that will allow you to perform your job duties safely.
Protect yourself and others from COVID-19 by taking everyday preventive actions.